The following programs are sponsored and organized by the ICGS:
- Sacramento Faith TV (formerly the Religious Coalition for Cable Television – RCCTV) provides faith and values programming from both local and national sources 24 hours a day on Cable Channels 20 (Comcast) and 19 (SureWest) in Sacramento County. The local programming is also available through simulcasting on http://sacramentofaithtv.org/. You can also watch the “30 Minutes of Faith” video interviews of faith leaders by ICGS President Jon Fish on YouTube. “30 Minutes of Faith” is produced in Sacramento by the ICGS owned and operated Sacramento Faith TV.
- The Annual Membership Meeting & Potluck in June provides a review of the work of the ICGS and Sacramento Faith TV over the past year, plans for the future, as well as election by the ICGS membership of the members of the Board of Trustees. The meeting is an opportunity to celebrate the positive achievements of interfaith cooperation, and to plan for the many challenges we face in seeking to build a more caring, compassionate and just community. All people of faith are welcome, members or not.
- The “Power of One” Honors Banquet combines sharing a meal along with music, a review of events of the past year, and opportunities to serve in the year ahead to create an evening of fellowship, celebration, and challenge. This is the primary annual fundraiser for the work of the ICGS. All members of all faiths are invited!
- The Day of Dialogue is a gathering every 3-4 months of Greater Sacramento area faith and community leaders — and all who want to attend – to listen and learn, and to discuss with others the topics pertinent to our days, times, congregations and homes.
- The Interfaith Night of Music and the Spoken Word in September is a family-friendly evening of Hymns, Readings from various faiths and Patriotic Songs — Solo, Mixed Chorale, Choir, Organ — to commemorate the events of 9/11/2001.
- The ICGS Young Adult Committee provides semi-monthly service projects to aid in the interfaith work.
- The ICGS spends time and resources on announcing events and projects for all faiths in greater Sacramento. A “flash” email goes out once a week to over 300 groups.
We invite you to visit our Interfaith Events page to see when these events are currently scheduled and/or to volunteer.